Thursday, June 4, 2009

You Are My Sunshine

One of my most tender childhood memories is of my sweet mother singing the sunshine song to me. One day after I was quite full grown I discovered a little music box on the windowsill in the kitchen. I had been away from home for awhile and it was new to me. I was delighted when I activated it to hear the tune of the sunshine song pour out. I asked my mom about it and while I can't remember where she said it came from, I remember she told me that it reminded her of Mamere (her mother) because she would sing it to her. Tears have welled in my eyes numerous times as I have sung it to each of my babies. (When they get a little older they ask me to please not sing.) This sweet little song carries with it at least three generations of motherly love and I decided that was reason enough to place a little reminder of it front and center in my world. This was how my latest project was born and this is how it looks:

2 comments:

  1. That's a much requested song in our house too, and it carries just as many memories for us! Shall we talk about how awesome our photographer is? Now I just need to get my rear in gear and get mine framed... you know, right after I paint a wall, buy some frames, etc... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of our favorite songs too and we sing it all the time. I love your wall. Is that in your bedroom?

    ReplyDelete